We are looking for a suitably experienced and qualified individual to support our Parish Councillors. This is a varied and interesting role within a flexible working opportunity. You will be based at home and support the bi-monthly meetings at Wreningham Village Hall, held the second Tuesday of January, March, May, July, September, November plus the Annual Parish meeting in May. We hope to make the appointment in time for the November 2019 meeting.
Key duties include:
- Organising, attending and reporting to meetings
- Preparing agendas and writing minutes
- Supporting Councillors in their Parish Council duties
- Dealing with Parish Council business including South Norfolk Council Planning applications
- Ensuring the website & village noticeboards carry current and relevant information
- Liaising with local organisations and external bodies
- Managing the Parish Council’s finances / financial record keeping, including the annual audit
You will have good organisational and communications skills, a facility with use of IT in support of Council business, self-motivated, able to work independently and to plan and manage your workload.
Previous relevant experience would be an advantage. Support will be provided and the appointee will be encouraged to take advantage of training to improve their knowledge and skills. NJC Pay Scales will apply depending on experience and qualifications between LC1 SCP 7 – 10 (£10.16 – £10.79). You will expect to allocate an average of 4.2 hours a week to your role.
Application by email to be with the Chairman by 10th September.
Please contact the current Clerk, Anne Rayner on clerk.WPC@gmail.com or Michael Hill (Chair) on firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or to meet and discuss the post.