Lotus have written about the Track calendar 2017. They have new internal procedures intended to reduce their impact on the community:
- No Lotus Driving Academy at Hethel – LDA is now a global activity with Academies in Asia, North America and Europe
- No more Mitsubishi Lancer Club Sprint (exceptionally noisy vehicles)
- No more formula type race car testing by 3rd parties
- No vehicle running in evenings unless critical to Lotus business
- No back to back events over the same or consecutive weekends
- Weekend Events classed “potentially noisy” spaced out at no more than 1 per month with more than 4 weeks interval on average
- Updates for the local community.
Potentially noisy users in 2017 currently limited to:
Lotus on Track:
- No more than 6 Saturday events per year.
- Comprises Lotus product owners Track Day events.
- All vehicles noise tested to comply with regulation limits and records kept.
- Has been running for over 10 years at Hethel.
Lotus Motor Club Sprint:
- 2 fixed date Sunday events per year – 2nd April and 6th August 2017
- Comprises Lotus staff club members, Lotus owners, other varied vehicles from associated clubs.
- All vehicles noise tested to comply with MSA regulation limits and records kept.
- Has been running for 20 years at Hethel.
Classic Team Lotus:
- 2 hours allocated per week during office hours for testing. Generally used once or twice per month)
- Comprises classic and vintage Lotus racing cars.
Lotus Cars Engineering:
- Week days and possibly week ends during core hours.
- Vehicle engineering activities for Lotus products and 3rd party clients.
- Comprises road going type vehicles.
Any comments to Alastair Florance, Group PR Manager, GROUP LOTUS PLC, Hethel, NR14 8EZ
T: 01953-608462 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org