(See at end for Wreningham specific information)
New, Revised and Small Sites
The Greater Norwich Local Plan (GNLP) is being produced by Broadland District Council, Norwich City Council and South Norfolk Council working together with Norfolk County Council through the Greater Norwich Development Partnership (GNDP).
Regulation 18 public consultation on New, Revised and Small Sites for the GNLP will commence at 9am on Monday 29 October and will close at 5pm on Friday 14 December 2018.
We are seeking your views on new, revised and small sites put forward by landowners, agents and developers for consideration for future development in the GNLP. You can find further information about the sites and make comments online at www.gnlp.org.uk . It is very important to note that this is an early consultation stage and no final decisions have been made on any sites.
This current consultation follows an initial Regulation 18 consultation that took place between January and March 2018 which asked for views on more than 600 suggested sites and wider strategic planning issues. More detail about this first stage of consultation can be found at www.gnlp.org.uk.
Approximately 240+ new sites or revisions to existing sites were put forward during the consultation and it is these sites that we are now asking for your views about. In addition this current consultation also includes small sites below 0.25 hectares, which have not been consulted on previously. Except for the sites we have been asked to revise, we are not consulting again on the sites we asked for your views on during the January to March 2018 consultation. Only those parishes which contain new, revised or small sites are included in the current consultation.
A few key points should be noted about this latest consultation on sites:
- An initial Housing and Economic Housing Land Availability Assessment (HELAA) has been undertaken for the newly submitted and revised sites which should help you make your comments. Further detailed site assessment work will be needed before a site can be considered for allocation in the GNLP so the inclusion of a site as potentially suitable for development in the HELAA does not confer any planning status on that site, or any commitment it will brought forward for development.
- Small sites below 0.25 hectares have not been included in the HELAA as they are below the site size threshold set in the methodology. Due to their size the small sites are not proposed to be allocated individually in the plan, instead we will consider them in the context of extending/altering settlement boundaries to allow for smaller scale development to come forward.
- Far more land has been submitted for consideration than will be needed in the GNLP. Many sites will be inappropriate for allocation due to constraints (such as landscape, flood risk, poor access to service etc.) and others, whilst not unacceptable in principle, will be less suitable for allocation than “competitor” sites. Growth will be carefully planned to ensure it is located in the most appropriate locations and will be supported by appropriate and timely infrastructure provision.
- The current list of sites will need to be refined. Some sites, or parts of sites, have been submitted twice (once by the landowner and once by a land promoter/agent), some sites are already allocated in an adopted local plan and have been resubmitted (perhaps with requests to change the allocation boundary, to update adopted policy clauses or alter the mix of development types proposed) and some sites may now have planning permission.
- It is also possible that further sites will be promoted during the production of the GNLP.
Hard copies of consultation documents and maps are available to view at the following deposit points:
- Norfolk County Council, County Hall, Martineau Lane, Norwich (main reception)
- Norwich City Council, City Hall, St Peters Street, Norwich (2nd floor reception)
- Broadland District Council, Thorpe Road, Thorpe St Andrew (main reception)
- South Norfolk Council, Cygnet Court, Long Stratton (main reception).
The quickest and easiest way to respond to the consultation is online at www.gnlp.org.uk but if you are unable to respond online please email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01603 306603 to request a response form. You can also email or phone us if you need consultation information in large print, audio, Braille, an alternative format or a different language.
All responses must be received by 5pm on Friday 14 December 2018.
All of the above was sent in an email to the Parish Council from the Partnership
Impact on Wreningham
The two main documents being consulted on are hefty PDFs comprising several hundred pages. You should have a look through to see if there are any additional Wreningham impacts missed here. The PDFs have had the relevant pages abstracted for your ease of reference.
Additional Wreningham sites
Top Row – 0.18 hectares or 0.44 acres – not described other than for “Settlement Boundary”
Wymondham Road (South) – 2.7 hectares or 6.7 acres – “20 to 25 dwellings proposed”. See –
Pg117 – Wreningham – Addendum-to-Site-Proposals-document-October-2018-final
Nearby Additional Sites
Ashwellthorpe – Industrial Estate – expansion to North & South – 6.1 hectares or 15 acres. See –
Pg173 Ashwellthorpe – GNLP2182_HELAA-addendum-2018-final-version
Bracon Ash – Hethel Engineering Industrial Estate – 0.79 hectares or 2 acres – 10 additional business units. See – Pg55-Bracon_Ash_Addendum-to-Site-Proposals-document-October-2018-final
Wymondham – Silfield – 340.28 hectares or 841 hectares – 6,500 dwellings. See – Pg422_Wymondham_GNLP2168_HELAA-addendum-2018-final-version