For your information.
Norfolk County Council are currently in the process of setting their buget for the next financial year. Part of the deliberations/consultations include such matters as:
• A proposed total increase of 2.99% – 1.99% for general Council Tax and one per cent for the adult social care precept – in line with the current budget planning and the expected level which will be set by the Government.
• People’s view on a rise of 4.1%, as the council has set in previous years, and 10.1% – in line with inflation – which would require a referendum.
• Reducing the opening hours of the Norfolk Record Office (NRO) from 28 hours a week to 22.5 hours a week.
• Reducing weed spraying activities on the highway from twice a year to once a year.
• Reducing summer opening hours at Norfolk’s recycling centres and closing all recycling centres on Wednesdays.