A statement from South Norfolk Council:
South Norfolk Council has published its proposed Village Clusters Housing Allocations Plan (VCHAP) and representations are invited on the legal compliance and soundness of the Plan. The consultation deadline is now 5pm on Wednesday 8th March. Any representations submitted must be received by South Norfolk Council by this deadline.
The purpose of the VCHAP is to deliver growth that will support the vitality of the rural communities of South Norfolk. The proposed plan allocates housing sites in the South Norfolk village cluster settlements, in order to meet the minimum requirements set out in the Greater Norwich Local Plan (GNLP). It also defines the Settlement Limits for the village cluster settlements. A list of the village cluster settlements can be viewed at www.southnorfolkandbroadland.gov.uk/vchap.
The proposed Village Clusters Housing Allocations Plan is available to view at the following locations:
- Online at – www.southnorfolkandbroadland.gov.uk/vchap
- South Norfolk Council offices – Thorpe Lodge, 1 Yarmouth Rd, Norwich, NR7 0DU (open Mon-Fri: 8.30am-5pm)
- The Octagon – Mere Street, Diss, Norfolk, IP22 4AH (open Mon-Fri: 9am-5pm)
- Libraries in South Norfolk – visit the Norfolk County Council website for details of your local branch (www.norfolk.gov.uk/libraries-local-history-and-archives)
- Millennium Library – The Forum, Millennium Plain, Norwich NR2 1AW (open Mon-Fri: 10am-7pm; Sat: 9am-7pm; Sun: 10.30am-4.30pm)
Supporting documents are also available to view online at the above locations. Further information and background material is also be available through a ‘virtual exhibition’ which can be accessed during the publication period at: https://vchap.exhibition.app.
Anyone wishing to submit a formal representation on the content of the plan may do so, in writing, and before 5.00pm on 8th March 2023. These can be submitted online, via the website listed above or using one of our hard copy representation forms which are available at the locations listed above. This will help ensure that submitted representations are in the prescribed format and can be taken into account in the examination of the plan. Completed hard copy forms should be posted to the South Norfolk Council office address listed above.
For further information and enquiries, please contact the Council’s Place Shaping Team on (01508) 533805 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.