Nicky Allen, our current clerk, is off to pastures new with a full-time job and has to step down from the role of Clerk to Wreningham Parish Council. We are sorry to see her go but before she does she will be helping us find a new clerk. That could be you. The following is a vacancy notice to be posted with the Norfolk Association of Local Councils (NALC).
We hope to fill the post by the 11th July meeting as Nicky will be available at least until the end of July to hand over to the incoming clerk. If you’d like to apply, please contact me, Michael Hill (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nicky (clerk.WPC@gmail.com)
Vacancy for Parish Clerk
& Responsible Financial Officer (RFO)
Wreningham is a small but lively parish near Wymondham. The Council has five Councillors and two councillor vacancies. We seek to appoint a person with administrative experience to be our Parish Clerk and RFO. The position is from early July 2022. The current clerk is available to effect a handover.
This is an important position for the Council and for the Village. It is a part-time (4.2 hours per week) and home-based role and supports the Parish Council in meeting its legal and financial obligations and the Councillors in their work for, and on behalf of, the parishioners of Wreningham.
The salary is an hourly rate based on a nationally agreed scale. The amount depends on the candidate’s past experience, training and qualifications. The Council will support such training as is required.
The applicant will:
- be self-motivated and organised,
- have relevant computer and office-based experience (a laptop is supplied by the Council),
- work closely with the Chair of the Council,
- have, or will be expected to obtain, the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA)
- manage their workload appropriately in line with Council’s schedules and deadlines.
The Main duties include:
- Arranging, publicising and attending 6 Council meetings per annum. The meetings are on the 2nd Tuesday of odd numbered months from 7.30pm in Wreningham Village Hall.
- Preparing agendas, meeting documentation and writing minutes
- Being the Responsible Financial Officer and managing Council finances, preparing the annual budget, payment of invoices, monitoring the use of CIL, reclaiming VAT, arranging insurance, completing end of year accounts and managing the annual audit.
- Managing HMRC PAYE (Basic Tools) for the payment of salaries
- Maintaining Council files and records
- Monitoring and advising on relevant planning applications
- Attending to correspondence on a day-to-day basis
- Liaising with the Chair, District and County Councils, local organisations and the public as required
- Implementing the Council’s decisions and monitoring actions from the meetings
- Managing Council assets and arranging maintenance as appropriate
- Ensuring current legislation and procedures are adhered to by informing and advising the Council and updating Council policies, processes and risk assessments
- Being the Council’s Data Protection Officer
- Undertaking training as required.
For further information about the parish and the post, see our website (wreningham.org.uk) or contact the current Clerk, Nicky Allen:
The Birches, Top Row, Wreningham Norwich NR16 1AR
Tel: 01508 481986
To apply please send your CV and covering letter via email or post.
Closing date, Thursday 23rd June 2022. Interviews will be held in early July.