The Chances Team has asked us to post the following.
Chances have worked with over a thousand Norfolk residents and have a proven track record of developing individuals in terms of their skills and their confidence making them more job-ready. This is available for our parishishioners to boost opportunities, provide a positive social impact and deliver economic benefit in our area.
Chances is partnership between Norfolk County Council, Future Projects, Norfolk Citizens Advice, Voluntary Norfolk and Citizens Advice Diss & Thetford. We are part funded through the European Social Fund with the remainder of our funding being generated within the county. Chances is delivered locally with a team of experienced Advocates working in each district of Norfolk.
Who is it for?
Chances is here to help people who are:
- Currently unemployed or unable to go into work (because of health reasons, caring responsibilities etc)
- Aged 18 or over (16/17 in exceptional circumstances)
- Live in Norfolk
- Have the legal right to live and work in the UK
- Motivated to move forwards and make life changes
What does Chances do?
The Chances team of Advocates offer 1:1 guidance to help individuals:
- Search and prepare for a job
- Improve their skills – e.g. through training or education
- Get into work if they have health issues – e.g. help you access services
- Overcome practical issues – e.g. finding transport, route planning and childcare
- Improve their wellbeing through sport and other activities
- To find out more about our project, and to view our latest advertisement, see the following:
Chances Leaflet here.
Testimonials from participants here.
The Chances project page is here
To arrange or to speak to a member of the team: contact 01603 222904 or email firstname.lastname@example.org